Our Savior Lutheran Preschool
Core Beliefs that Guide Enforcement of School Rules and Expectations Each student is uniquely made by God with individual personal, social, and educational needs. It is our prayer that each and every day your child leaves our school they feel loved by Jesus and know that they are special. Consequences for misbehavior provide the best learning value when matched to the individual student and the unique situation. Our Savior Lutheran Preschool strives to work with each student and family to help them have the best educational experience, with that being said we may not be able to meet the needs of each family. The potential for children to learn from their mistakes increases dramatically when they see a connection between their behavior and the consequences.
Our staff prayerfully dedicates itself to following a set of core beliefs that provide a guide for dealing with student disciple. These core beliefs guide our attempts to individualize disciplinary procedures and to help students see reasonable connections between their behavior and their consequences. Since these core beliefs provide the guiding light for our professional decisions, the staff encourages parents to bring their concerns and questions to us in the event we operate in ways that appear to be inconsistent with these core beliefs.
Core Beliefs for Our Savior Lutheran Preschool
The following list of core beliefs outlines the professional actions and attitudes of all staff members at Our Savior Lutheran Preschool:
- Every attempt will be made to maintain the dignity and self-respect of both student and the teacher.
- Students will be guided to solve their problems, or the ones they create, without creating problems for anyone else.
- Students will be given opportunities to make age-appropriate decisions and live with the consequences.
- Misbehavior will be handled with developmentally appropriate natural and logical consequences.
- Misbehavior will be viewed as an opportunity for individual problem solving and preparation for the real world.
Action Plan for Discipline at Our Savior Lutheran Preschool
When behavior is beyond the normal everyday behavior (i.e. hitting, biting, aggressive behavior, defiant behavior, disrupting the learning environment and classroom expectations):
- A Discipline Report will be completed and discussed with the parents. In extreme aggressive or defiant behavior, parents might be asked to pick up their child for the day.
- If more than one discipline report is completed within a three-month period a parent conference will be scheduled with the parents, teacher, and director at which time a discipline plan will be discussed and agreed upon.
- If the discipline plan is not effective and the child’s behavior continues to be an impediment to student learning, Our Savior Lutheran Preschool reserves the right to ask the family to seek other preschool accommodations. Even though we wish to care for and educate all children, we realize that occasionally Our Savior Lutheran Preschool may not be the best fit for every student.