WASC/NLSA Dual Accreditation Goals
is the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. For more information on
this type accreditation please click here: WASC
NLSA is the National Lutheran Schools Association. For more information on this type of accreditation, please click here: NLSA ACCREDITATION
Graduates of Our Savior Lutheran School will be prepared to be Kids of the King who Walk like Jesus.
- Respect themselves and treat others with dignity
- Share their faith through worship, fellowship, and community service
- Are familiar with Scripture and know basic Christian theology
- Seek God's goodness in His created world and in the diversity of peoples
- Live according to a code of Christian conduct
Are avid learners.
- Demonstrate proficiency in core academic subjects (mathematics, language, reading/literature, geography/history, science, and religion)
- Know how to locate and assess information
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms
- Demonstrate basic competency in a foreign language
- Use computers to assist their learning
- Pursue areas of interest and continue to learn outside the classroom setting
Develop important life skills.
- Know how to organize their work and manage their time
- Practice specific study strategies
- Function effectively within groups, both as leaders and as members
- Learn healthy lifestyles and engage in regular physical activity
- Acquire proven conflict resolution skills
Enhance their lives with enriching activities.
- Familiarize themselves with the
cultural contributions of great artists, musicians, writers, and thinkers
- Express themselves through art,
music, and drama
- Engage in extra-curricular
activities such as yearbook, choir, cheer leading, and leadership
- Demonstrate school spirit by
attending sporting and social events, playing on sports teams, and
participating in outreach program.