The OSLS PTO is a collaborative effort,of parents and staff of Our Savior Lutheran School. Our purpose is to "Inspire Tomorrow's Leaders Today @ the Intersection of Faith and Excellence." The PTO pursues this purpose though family education, fellowship, and fundraising. The Desired Outcome from the activities of the PTO consists of an effective pursuit of personal social and academic excellence in the following areas:
- Family Education: Events shall be conducted to extend the pursuit to the "whole family."
- Fellowship: Events shall be conducted to develop and foster relationships among the "families" of OSLS.
- Fundraising: Events shall be conducted to provide supplemental resources to enhance the mission of OSLS.
- OSLS PTO Charter
Ongoing PTO sponsored events include the
annual OSLS Trunk-or-Treat Carnival and End-of-the-Year Picnic. OSLS PTO
also sponsors enhancements to our children's curriculum such as facilitating
school assemblies, providing classroom funds to every teacher, enhancing
literacy through Roaring Readers and the Accelerated Reading Program and
sponsoring the various extracurricular clubs, such as MATHCounts, Yearbook,
Lego Robotics and Drama.
OSLS PTO organizes fundraising opportunities throughout the year. Our main fundraisers are a Fall "Sport-a-thon" Fundraiser and a Spring Fundraiser, as well. These two fundraisers raise the majority of the funds needed to support the many things that PTO brings to the students of OSLS. We also offer a popular See's Candy fundraiser for holiday giving as well as Family Fun Nights where local restaurants give OSLS parents a night off cooking dinner and PTO a percentage of flier sales for that day. We also offer many "easy" fundraising opportunities, such as Scrip, Lucky Shares and Box Tops for Education.
Over the past few years, OSLS families have helped raise money to enhance OSLS including upgrading the computer lab with new computers, updating the middle school science room and computer lab interiors, repainting the blacktop graphics and ball wall. Recently we added a Super Dome play structure on the east playground, and a Preschool Shade Structure. PTO made a significant contribution to the Our Savior Lutheran Ministries and School digital sign. Last year we raised funds for a library upgrade that the school has planned to complete in the Summer of 2019.
Parent Leaders Make OSLS Great
OSLS volunteer opportunities to lead or to donate time:
Just a few hours to spare throughout the school year? Ask us where you can share your precious gifts of time and talent!
Please join us at a PTO meeting or send us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We'd love to talk with you!
Research studies show that when parents get involved and volunteer, children do better in school. We sum up the details that every parent should know.
Here are 10 great reasons:
- Volunteering makes a big difference. Research consistently shows that kids whose parents are involved in their schools do better.
- It feels great to participate! Your child spends a lot of time at school and it's great to share some of her school-related experiences with her.
- You'll get to know other parents. It's powerful to create a circle of adult friends around a school, and having a shared interest is a good place to start. What's more, it can help foster connections between families in your community.
- Your help is always needed. Whether it's helping run the next big event or providing support during the day, there are always ways to pitch in.
- It's a manageable commitment. Volunteering can seem daunting, but it doesn't have to be. Spend an hour at a hosted event and your efforts will be appreciated. And remember, it's always OK to say no when you're busy.
- You can tailor volunteering to play to your strengths. Within a parent group or school community there are many ways to contribute, some of which are sure to complement your strengths, interests, or professional skills.
- Volunteering provides another way to get to know school and support staff to better understand their needs and ideas.
- Volunteering offers tangible ways to be part of things. Sometimes we might mean well, but our busy lives get in the way of committing. Joining a parent group will provide concrete ways to get involved, whether at events, in the classroom, or on a committee.
- Have a great idea? Volunteering gives you opportunities to get your ideas out there.
- It's fun! Even simple events like pizza nights or being there during a dance can spice up your week.
PTO Executive Committee
Christine Thompson & Vikki Klingenberg Co-Chairs
Katrina Owens Secretary
Jennifer Oliva-Herrington Treasurer
PTO Meetings 2018/2019
September 13, 7 pm
November 8, 7 pm
January 10, 7 pm
March 14, 7 pm
May 30, 7 pm
View our most recent meeting minutes here: